Kindergarten Fact Sheet
A presentation by kindergarten teachers, for parents only, will be held on November 7, 2016 from 7-8 p.m. in the School Auditorium. Please sign-up online. Below is a few notable facts about the St. Joseph School Kindergarten Program. Click to learn more about the kindergarten program, learning goals and curriculum.
- St. Joseph is an all day kindergarten with three kindergarten classes (20 students per class*)
- Classes are taught by certified teachers
- St. Joseph School has a collaborative teacher that supports all three classrooms with literacy
- School day is from 8:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dismissal is at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, only
- Students have two recess periods – morning recess 10:15–10:30 a.m. and lunch recess 11:50-12:15 p.m.
- Lunch period is 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.
- Kindergarten students participate in all school liturgies and outreach activities
- Parents volunteer in the classrooms and drive on field trips
- St. Joseph’s has a buddy program that pairs a kindergarten class with an upper-grade buddy class
- Kindergarteners follow the primary school dress code
- Each kindergartener is honored as the “Star of the Week” during his/her designated week
* Enrollment can be adjusted upward in special instances at the discretion of the principal