Kindergarten Fact Sheet
Important Facts to Know about St. Joseph's Kindergarten
- St. Joseph is an all day kindergarten with three kindergarten classes (20 students per class).
- Classes are taught by certified teachers.
- School day is from 8:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Dismissal is at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, only.
- Students have two recess periods – morning recess 10:15–10:30 a.m. and lunch recess 12:20-12:45 p.m.
- Lunch period is 12 to 12:20 p.m.
- Kindergarten students participate in all school liturgies and outreach activities.
- Kindergarten and third grade students raise salmon at school and release them into the wilds in the spring each year.
- Parents volunteer in the classrooms and drive on field trips.
- St. Joseph’s has a buddy program that pairs a kindergarten class with an upper-grade buddy class.
- Kindergarteners follow the lower school dress code.
- Each kindergartener is honored as the “Star of the Week” during his/her designated week.
Presentation by kindergarten teachers, for parents only, will be held on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 from 7-8 p.m. in the School Auditorium. No reservations are required.