We hope that the Mayor of St. Joe's Campaign is a lot of fun and that participants learn something along the way including the importance of voting. Every vote matters. Funds raised from the Mayor of St. Joe's campaign will provide support for improving landscaping, harvesting rainwater to keep our gardens beautiful, and campus-wide wayfinding along with other critical operational needs.
We are accepting applications in four categories:
1) Land: basically anything on four legs or a belly!
2) Sea: lives in the water
3) Air: they can fly - or at least try hard to
4) Plushie: filled with love
1) Your pet's name
2) Which category (listed above) that you are entering
3) Answer the following question (in 250 characters or less): If elected Mayor how will you serve others?
4) Submit a photo of your candidate (no humans in the photos). You will be able to that with your application. (JPEG image, vertical format)
The deadline to register your candidate has passed! Be a part of the process and get out and vote when the polls open!
Voting will be broken down into three sessions as follows:
Week 1 - Preliminaries: Voting opens on Friday, May 7 at 8am and closes on Thursday, May 13 at noon. On Friday, May 14 the top 10 candidates in each category will be announced.
Week 2 - Debates: Voting opens on Friday, May 14 at 8am and closes on Thursday, May 20 at noon. On Friday, May 21 the top three candidates in each category will be announced.
Week 3 - Election: Voting opens on Friday, May 21 at 8am and closes on Thursday, May 27 at noon. The votes will be tabulated and the mayor announced on Friday, May 28. The mayor’s council consists of the top three candidates in each category.
Each week when voting opens we will provide a link to the ballot. You can share that link with family and friends. Each vote is $1 but there is no limit on the number of votes each candidate can receive.