- I want to coach. How do I sign up? What are the requirements?
- Where can I find information on the rules?
- I think I’m current for Play Like a Champion and Called to Protect. How do I find out?
- What’s the date of the Archdiocese coaches meeting? Is it mandatory I attend?
- I coach (gender/grade) – can I practice (time/date/field)?
- When will my players get their uniforms?
- I want to reschedule a game – what should I do?
- We don’t have enough players and need to forfeit – what should I do?
- Do the concussion forms go to my coach or the Athletic Director?
- I forgot to register my (son/daughter) - who should I contact?
- I want my son/daughter to play for coach ( ) - can you arrange?
- I want my son/daughter to play with (other player/student) – can you arrange?
- Will I know the practice schedule before having to sign up?
- Can my student play soccer and cross country?
- When are basketball games played?
- Can my child play basketball if they are also on another select sport team and need to miss CYO practice?
- Can my child play basketball if they will need to miss games due to participating in another sport?
If interested in coaching at St. Joseph’s School, please contact the sport coordinator for the sport. The information can be found in the CYO Athletics tab on the St. Joseph’s website. Check the Coaches Corner Tab and fulfill the requirements listed (ex. background check, Called to Protect, Play Like A Champion Today)
Every team must have at least one representative coach at the meeting. This is mandatory and if not followed will result in a forfeit of the game and a suspension of a coach. Dates are posted on the CYO Central office calendar.
Participation is a top priority for CYO and so as long as your child can regularly attend typically one of the two practices per week, they are welcome to sign up for CYO. When it comes to dividing teams for varsity and junior varsity status, ability to regularly participate in practice may be considered in the decision process.